Friday, June 25, 2010

Signaling is a Sign of Weakness II

We had two fantastic interviews today - one with Chuck Ryors, of Prism Church in Pasadena, and the other with Vilma Cruz Baez, of Pico Union Shalom Hispanic Ministries.  Both had incredible insight (theologically and practically), and started to answer my (Katie's) earlier question of what to do when conflict enters communion.  I look forward to transcribing and re-processing those interviews.

After our second interview, we went over to Venice Beach to explore.  It's beautiful and fun (but I think I still like NC beaches better).

After that, we spent 75 minutes in traffic as Debbie heroically fought our way over to Pasadena (we're staying with my cousin Rebecca and her husband Josh tonight).  Good goo, WHO planned this city, and why have they not been tried for cruel and unusual punishment?  I spent about 74 of those 75 minutes meditating on which would be worse - having to live in New Jersey or drive in LA.  Jury is still out on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment